• An understanding of the important concepts and an ability to make connections within mathematics.
• A broad range of skills in using and applying mathematics.
• Fluent knowledge and recall of number facts and the number system.
• The ability to show initiative in solving problems in a wide range of contexts, including the new or unusual.
• The ability to think independently and to persevere when faced with challenges, showing a confidence of success.
• The ability to embrace the value of learning from mistakes and false starts.
• The ability to reason, generalise and make sense of solutions.
• Fluency in performing written and mental calculations and mathematical techniques.
• A wide range of mathematical vocabulary.
• A commitment to and passion for the subject.
Below are our long term plans for Maths by year group:
- Reception Maths Overview
- Y1 Maths Overview
- Y2 Maths Overview
- Y3 Maths Overview
- Y4 Maths Overview
- Y5 Maths Overview
- Y6 Maths Overview
- Whole School Maths Curriculum Overview
For further support on Mastery Maths, please download this leaflet.
If you would like to support your child with their Maths, below are prompt sheets to support you:
- Y1 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y2 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y3 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y4 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y5 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y6 Helpful Hints Sheet